Thursday, January 27, 2005
On this day:

Ramstein AFB

I began the second grade in Ramstein, and I began to speak some German. Now this is where the black issue came up for me again. I had been in all white schools, and now in my 2nd grade class there was one light skinned black boy in class, and this is kind of sad. He would never say a word. One day the teacher made him leave the class, and went through all kinds of explanations of how we should treat this little boy. By making him leave I thought she was making a no problem into a problem for the rest of the second graders.

As far as I could tell no one had a problem with him, but the teacher. He was later accused, by the teacher of stealing a piece of gum, which he did not, because I knew who did. I will continue this story later today or tomorrow.


First the teacher left the room and said she would not look to see who put the gum back in her desk. no one moved. She came back and turned out the lights and left the room again. (like on kid would not know if the kid sitting beside him got up! yeah right.

Then she did a most horrible thing with no proof. She took the quiet black boy to the office. I did not know if she really thought he took the gum or if she was using him as a ploy to find out who took the gum. I disliked her manipulations in any case. But, I was gaining more understanding of manipulation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home