Wednesday, February 21, 2007
On this day:

A response to The Guardian's George Monbiot by Tom Tvedten MD..

Tom Tvedten MD
Via Email
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:05 EST

Dear Mr. Monbiot,

I too am a lifelong activist. I started in my pre-teen years by insisting on riding in the back of the bus in Baton Rouge Louisiana when only blacks were supposed to ride there. I am half Danish and half Norwegian. From Civil Rights I moved on to the Anti-Viet Nam War movement of the 60's and early 70's. Then on to the Union of Concerned Scientists and the Freedom of Choice movements (I am a physician.) as well as other environment causes both specific and general in nature. I have been and am still actively working for campaign finance reform as I feel that without this we can never have a true democracy. I fight for a national health insurance plan based loosely on the current Medicare model and for enforcement of the existing immigration laws.I fight against NAFTA as I feel that it is destroying the industrial base of this nation and really does threaten the existence of the middle class in this nation (the U.S.)

Like almost everyone else, I was shocked and awed by the horror of 9/11/01 and watched in disbelief as the Twin Towers fell. I did not find out about bldg. 7 until years later. Why not? I try to keep up with current events. I was willing to let the 9/11 Commission do its job and reserve judgment until their report came out. I was shocked and awed again by the glaring omissions made by this report. I decided to investigate further and discovered WTC 7, but it wasn't even mentioned in the Kane Zelicow-Hamilton Report.

Read More...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home